Sunday, March 23, 2008

Robins Egg Blue


Sometimes when I see the perfect shade of robins egg blue - the actual egg or maybe even a Tiffany box - I'm reminded that it is my favorite color.
I found a huge lot of old Petersham Ribbon at a millinery warehouse. Petersham ribbon usually has a bumpy selvage and can be shaped to the edge of the brim of a hat nicely. When I found the boxes and boxes of ribbon I realized that there were at least 24 shades of Robins Egg Blue available to the hat maker in Paris during the 1920's and 30's! I bought the lot and am enjoying making these Parisian Flower Company Boxes filled with vintage ribbon, flowers and notions.

1 comment:

Christina said...

i love that box full of blues. love how you put colors together too! keep writing, it's so good to check in and read your posts! xo tt