Monday, June 02, 2008

Hemp Grain Sacks

Every so often at French General, we have a large amount of these great old homespun hemp grain sacks. At the turn of the last century, farmers used these bags to transport their grain and feed. Rustic with heavy texture and the color of oatmeal, these bags are great for upholstery, pillows, bath mats and even roman blinds. The bags measures approximately 20" wide by 45" long. I use these bags on the floor in the bathroom, the old course hemp absorbs water quickly and resists mildew. Right now we have over 100 bags - all rough and ready to use.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is really interesting to prevent mildew in your bathroom, You will be glad to know that I am also writing a blog where I review the latest technology for better shower experience.
Please visit my site and let me know your valuable comments