Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Slice of Heaven on Earth

I'm in charge of the pies this Thanksgiving and if I lived anywhere else in the world, I would be home baking pies this morning. Since we are lucky enough to live blocks from one of the best pie houses around, I popped in and picked up my pies - just like that. House of Pies, on Vermont and Franklin in Los Angeles, bakes up some pretty fine pies from scratch. Old-school style - buttery crust, lots' of spice and real cream!

This time of year, they have pies piled up - I counted over 300 pies waiting to be picked up for the big day. Wherever you are today, if you are home baking, or out picking up pies - have a great Thanksgiving Day. Thank you for supporting French General and reading my thoughts on a (sometimes) daily basis!

3 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

...and they were deeelicious! Thanks for bringing them, Kaari.

Love, Mom

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I used to work at the House of Pies in Beverly Hills when I was 19years old. Now it's a Bagel Nosh or something. I didn't even know there was one that still existed. Thanks for sharing.