Friday, February 19, 2010

Shout Out to Molly

My sisters, Mom and I all had a long weekend together in San Francisco a couple weeks ago. We visited SCRAP, ate at Tartine way too many times, drank David Bruce pinot noir and hit the Oakland Museum's White Elephant Sale - favorite things to do! We also stopped by Molly's studio for a visit and I was amazed and overwhelmed at all of the great work she is doing. Molly calls her work historical fiction - she creates pieces of art using old found bits and scraps - the things left behind. This is a photo of one of the pieces I fell in love with. All I have to say is..... Molly will you please come teach this workshop at French General? When, what time and how much? We are patiently awaiting your arrival! See some of Molly's small works of wonder here.

2 comments:

molly said...

merci, kaari!

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such a talented family?! Wow! And so nice to see y'all so proud of each other!