Monday, August 01, 2011

Lost and Found

1925 Margaret Preston


I loved reading about all the great finds - it seems, if we are looking for something, whether we know it or not, we may just find it! Gina's comment really struck home with me as I loved the idea of following through on a hunch. Gina wrote:

'This one is easy. I found an autograph book from a young woman in a Swiss university from the 1920s. On the page opposite the autograph is a small photograph of the person. The book fell open to a picture of a beautiful woman sitting on a big old couch covered with tapestries sitting on an oriental rug. It looked straight out of Sigmund Freud's office. On a whim, I googled the woman's name. It turns out that she and her husband were both psychoanalysts who studied WITH FREUD, and that they emigrated to the United States before WWII and had a son. The son is a professor of psychiatry at Tufts. I emailed him the picture and the autograph message and it was his mother!'

Thank you all for playing along - next time I will have to ask for pictures to go along with all the fun stories! Gina please e-mail us your address and we will send off a box of treasures found in France!

Merci!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

mystery solved! Great adventure - love the picture!

Bonnie

Jacky said...

Congragulations Gina...what a great 'find'. I loved reading that story.

Gorgeous print/painting of Margaret Prestons (one of my favourite artists).

Jacky